A downloadable game
Won "Most Challenging Minigame" in the Gamemaker #Noticeme Jam. A solo project made in two weeks.
Outrun the man on your prototype Turbocycle by day, then blast off into the stars on the Jetrunner to shoot down monsters by night! Turbo Jetrunner is a super fast-paced arcade game that combines old-school racing and on-rails shooting, in that order, with a trippy pseudo-3D visual style.
The game that - somehow - took GXC by storm is now available to be downloaded for your Windows computer. If you use the Opera GX browser, play in browser here!
- Arrow keys to steer/move
- c - accelerate/shoot
- v - drift
- x - turbo/bomb
- z - brake (bike mode only)
- Left stick or pad - steer/move
- Right shoulder button or trigger - accelerate/shoot
- X (square on PS-style) - turbo/bomb
- A (X on PS-style) - drift
- Left shoulder button or trigger - brake (bike mode only
Drifting, turbo, and bombs all consume AP. To generate AP on the Turbocycle, ride at top speed. To generate AP in the Jetrunner, shoot enemies - every bullet that hits generates AP.
Version 1.1 has been on GX.Games for a while, but I'm only just now getting around to uploading it to Itch. Sorry about that!
- Practice mode now lets you select a Turbocycle/Jetrunner level pair to loop through forever. Practice those tricky parts on repeat!
- Quickly restart the current level by briefly holding Backspace/Select (this will reset your score to 0) and quickly return to the main menu by briefly holding Enter/Start.
- Bombs now do full damage when the Jetrunner has the double shot upgrade
- Level indicator no longer increments when timing out on the Turbocycle
Turbo Jetrunner was made in two weeks for the Gamemaker #NoticeMe jam, and won "Most Challenging Minigame". It also, in less than a month, became one of the most played games on the service. I don't know how this happened - I blame the loud, obnoxious GIF that I used for a cover image.
Turbo Jetrunner is a solo project. All assets made by me, except for the fonts Upheaval and Edit Undo, both by Brian Kent.
|Release date||May 06, 2022|
|Made with||Aseprite, GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||3D, Arcade, On-Rails Shooter, Pixel Art, pseudo3d, Retro, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 1.1Jun 27, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Made a video
Awesome, thanks for playing! The key to the tight turns at full speed is drifting. It uses AP, but lets you keep your speed up so it regenerates super quickly.
Thought the drifting was a big part of it but just couldn't get a hang of it so went off the road a lot more than we wanted too.